Dr A. K. Nigam (Professor)
PhD, MSc (HRD), MSc (Physics)
Professor (HR & IR)
|Dr A K Nigam has joined as Professor (HR & IR) at AIM on 8th July 2013. He has earlier worked as Adviser (HR) at Ircon International Ltd, Central Electronics Ltd. He has designed and initiating various projects competence mapping and employee volunteering for social cause. He is also a regular visiting faculty for various institutions including IIT, Delhi, and National Institute of Smart Governance, IIM Ahemadabad. He was earlier Adviser (IR), Ministry of Railways, in the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India. He has been a civil servant and a member of Indian Railways Personnel Service (IRPS). He was member of Task force for finalization of 12th Five year Plan for Ministry of Social Justice, Government of India
Dr. Ajit K. Nigam has over 32 years of HRM experience, including 7 years as Senior Professor (OB and HRM) at the National Academy of Indian Railways, Vadodara. He is Ph.D. in Strategic Human Resource Management from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati. Masters, Human Resource Development, from Institute of Developmental Planning and Management, University of Manchester, UK. He has also steered a major IT project of implementation of HR ERP for the entire Indian Railways- it will be the biggest HR portal in the world once implemented fully having over 25 lakh employees and retirees on this portal. He was member of Central Advisory Contract Labour Board (CACLB) for last 6 years, statutory body set up under Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970.He is also in the selection panel of UPSC for recruitment of Group A officers in Central Government. Held various positions as Head of Personnel department responsible for all aspects of HR functions as Chief Personnel Officer, Southern Railway Chennai and at Guwahati each one of these zonal railways employ around 1 lakh employees. He has published various papers in international journals and written case studies with faculty of IIM Ahmadabad and Manchester Business School, UK
|33 years in Industry, Government including 7 years as Professor and Sr.Professor (HR & OB)|
|Research & Publication|
|1. Conference of International Federation of Training & Development Organizations – May’11 at Warsaw, Poland – Impact of Organizational Communication Management on Employee Retention.
2. Speaker at HR Congress, India – Mumbai – 10 – 11th May’07 – Taj Landsend Hotel, Mumbai organized by Marcus Evans – Turnaround of Indian Railways – HR Perspective.
3. Keynote Speaker at HR Leaders Forum – Mumbai – 24th Jul’06: Hyatt Regency, Mumbai, India – Need for Strategic HRM: Its Impact on Leveraging Human Capital in New India – Case Study of Indian Railways.
4. Ajit Nigam and Anjali Nigam (2000) – Pull Policy for Telecommunications in Rural India – A Case Study of Indian Telecom, The 28th World Conference on Affordable Telecom & IT Solutions: Communication, Information & Internet Policy – TPRC 2000: Published in Proceedings of the Conference: Virginia, USA.
5. Paper on Management Training in Indian Railways in UIC (International Union of Railways) International Conference, 2000 at Vadodara, India.
6. Pikay Richardson, Ajit Nigam (1999) – New Technology Introduction and Implementation: Case of Paging Technology in Ratlam Division of Indian Railways, Creativity & Innovation Management, 8 (4): 233 – 241.
7. Ajit Kumar Nigam, Sonia Nongmaithem and Nachiketa Tripathi (2011) – The Impact of Strategic Human Resource Management on the Performance of Firms in India: A Study of Service Sector Firms, Journal of Indian Business Research (under print).
8. International Conference of UIC (International Union of Railways) attended by Delegates from 50 Countries and 5 International Organizations – 1997 – Challenges of Human Resource Management in Changing Times in Indian Railways at Railway Staff College, 1997.
9. Ajit Nigam (1995) – Cultural Dimensions of Human Resource Management: Abhivyakti – Journal of the Railway Staff College, 5-7.