Dr. Paroma Mitra Mukherjee (Assistant Professor)
Ph.D(Management), MBA( Systems and operations)
|Dr. Paroma is a core faculty in the area of Economics and Statistics. She completed her Ph.D. from NIT Durgapur in 2011. She has done her MBA from department of Business administration from The University of Burdwan in 2002. She completed her B.Sc in Economics and Statistics from The University of Burdwan in 1999.|
|Her experience in academic industry spans almost nine years. Before joining Asia Pacific Institute of Management, she was associated as Assistant Professor in Durgapur Institute of Management and Science, sister organization of Bengal Engineering and Technology College, Durgapur under WBUT from 2010. Before that she has worked in different colleges of Burdwan University and WBUT colleges from 2002 to 2010. The colleges are Durgapur Institute of Science and Technology and Management, Durgapur, Raniganj Institute of Information Technology, Raniganj, and Amik Management and Technology College, Durgapur. Beside this she has taken guest lecturers in Dr, B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur, Sikkim Manipal University franchisee, B.C. College, Asansol, MSME, Durgapur. During these years along with teaching she was university paper setter, examiner, Officer-in-charge of examination.|
|Research & Publication|
Published papers in National journals of reputed and participates in International conferences workshops.
1. ‘Steel Industry: Attractiveness in Indian Market’ in XVI Annual Convention of Strategic Management Forum: Indian and Indigenous Strategies, Excel India Publisher, 2013, IIM Kozhikode, ISBN: 978-93-82880-36-3, pp 519-522. (with Co-author).
2. ‘Analysis of degree of global competitiveness on world passenger car production’, in conference proceedings Global Competitiveness and Corporate Governance Imperatives in Emerging Economics, Ansal University, ISBN: 978-93-81583-890, pp 142-149, February, 2013. (with Mittal A.)
3. ‘Analysis of degree of global competition country wise in cement industry’ in conference proceedings Global Competitiveness and Corporate Governance Imperatives in Emerging Economics, Ansal University, ISBN: 978-93-81583-890, pp134-141, February, 2013. (with Aggarwal.M.)
4. ‘National Steel Policy 2005: A trend analysis between the aimed and forecasted performances’ in International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, Volume 2, Issue 11November, 2012, ISSN: 2250-057X, pp 447 – 463.( with Roy D.).
5. ‘Product-wise trend analysis of the production of Durgapur Steel Plant’, in Singhad Business Review, Volume-4, Issue-1, January-Jun, 2011, ISSN: 0974-0597, pp 17-23. (with Roy D.).
6. ‘A Study on deflated average cost of four products of Durgapur Steel Plant to find out the optimum state of operation’ 2011, published in TECNIA Journal of Management Studies, Volume 5, Number 2, October2010 to March2011, ISSN: 0975-7104, pp 35-45. (with Roy D.).
7. ‘Global Competitiveness in the Steel Industry’, 2010, published in Asia-Pacific Business Review, Volume 6, Number 4, October-December 2010, ISSN: 0973-2470, pp79-87. (with Roy D.).
8. ‘Cost Optimization of six products of Durgapur Steel Plant’, 2010, Management and Change, Volume 14, Number 1, ISSN: 0972-2149, pp 101-118. (with Roy D.).
9. ‘Liquidity Trends: Corporate Comparatistics’, 2008, SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Volume 5, Number 4, October-December, 2008, ISSN: 0973-3167, pp 92-100. (with Roy D.).
10. Accepted, ‘Analysis of financial indicators in the multivariate domain: a study on two steel plants’ in edited volume- “Business Excellence-Rhetoric and Reality”, jointly published by the Department of Business Administration and Business Administration (Human Resource),The University of Burdwan. (with Roy D.).
1. Accepted, “Analysis of financial indicators in the multivariate domain: a study on two steel plants” in International Conference proceeding “SILVERZ-2009″ held at University of Burdwan. (With Co-author).
1. International Conference “SILVERZ-2009″ held at University of Burdwan from 29th-31st Jan 2009.
2. International Conference on Frontiers of Infrastructure Finance, (ICFIF) 2011 held at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India from 29-30th December.
|Area of Interest|
|Time series modeling, demand forecasting, scenario of steel industry, liquidity management, cost structures and optimisation.|