Health care in India is facing several challenges. It is imperative for service providers to be knowledgeable about the changing demographics, increasing complexity of the disease profile, “supply-side bottleneck,” as well as the impact of legal and regulatory factors on the business of health care. On the one hand patients are demanding better care and on the other hand organizations and executives in health care require more financial accountability and a higher return on their investment. Under such circumstances success depends on applying marketing principles in ways that are unique to health-care industry.
This MDP will provide insights into the strategies, tactics and techniques that will equip the participants with actionable information and knowledge required for being successful on a sustainable basis. Issues relating to economics of health-care, brand management, service quality, and medical tourism will be discussed along with analysis of contemporary case studies and evaluations of best practices.
- To acquire a broad based understanding of the uniqueness of health-care industry
- To learn how to segment the market based on multiple variables relevant to this sector.
- To provide ways of enhancing the quality of service and increasing the satisfaction of multiple stakeholders.
- To assess and attend to the evolving needs of the customers and patients.
- Explore opportunities in the area of medical tourism.
- To consider future trends and how they will affect service providers and patients.
· Dynamics of Healthcare in India
· Economics of Healthcare
· Marketing Healthcare Services
· Branding Strategy for Healthcare Providers
· Enhancing Service Quality
· Business of Medical Tourism
· Contemporary Case Studies
· Panel Discussion: What lies Ahead- Shaping the Future?
The methodology will be highly interactive and will involve a mix of lecture, brain storming sessions, discussions of contemporary case studies, best practices and practical examples.
Regular, experienced faculty of the AIM, New Delhi; a premier business school and business leaders from corporate will conduct the sessions.
Venue and Duration
The two days MDP will be held at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, situated on Delhi–Mathura Road, near Apollo Hospital, Jasola (Opp. Sarita Vihar), New Delhi-110025 on non-residential basis. Institute will provide help in arranging accommodation in nearby hotels on payment basis, if required.
Program fee : Rs. 12,000* per participant
Group Discount (Minimum 4 people from one organization) : 15% of the total fee
Group Discount (Minimum 6 people from one organization) : 20% of the total fee
(*Service tax is extra)
Fee is payable by DD in favour of ‘Asia Pacific Institute of Management’ payable at New Delhi. Payment may be made through the following means
1. Electronic fund transfer to Bank A/C
2. Demand draft, payable at New Delhi or pan-India cheque payable at par in favour of ‘Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi
Please inform us of the transaction details once payment is made.
Name of Account Holder : ASIA PACIFIC INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Pan No. : AAA TA 1400 G
Service Tax Regd. No. : AAA TA 1400 GST-001
Bank : Indian Bank, Jasola Branch, New Delhi
Account No. : 6027677717
Account type : Savings
IFSC Code : IDIB000J033
For any information, please call, write or e-mail to:
· Dr. Shiva Nandan: email@example.com (Mobile: +91-8826953825)
· Dr. Moon Moon Haque: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +91-9582156747)
Dr. Shiva Nandan
Dr. Shiva Nandan is a Professor in the area of Marketing at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management. His articles have been published in prestigious international journals such as Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Journal of Marketing Channels, and Marketing Management Journal. He has presented papers at various international conferences. He has won several awards for teaching excellence, scholarship and research, including Missouri Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, Regents Distinguished Professor Award at Missouri Western State University, and Distinguished Professional Publication Award at University of Texas at Arlington. He was also the Director of Business and Economic Development Research Center at Western Institute in Saint Joseph, Missouri, USA.
Dr. Moon Moon Haque
Dr. Moon Moon Haque is an Associate Professor at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management. Dr. Haque earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration (Concentration: Health Economics) from The University of Memphis, USA. He also had an M.A (Applied Economics) from the same university. Dr. Haque is an applied economics researcher and his research agenda mostly focused on the evaluation and recommendation of policy issues in the fields of health and healthcare economics and labour economics, with a direct objective toward to alleviate inequality, and to promote efficient and effective economic policies. Moreover, he has a keen interest in the Indian pharmaceutical industries. Before relocating to India, he was closely associated with some of the best minds in health economics for several years in USA.
Who should Participate
- Mid-to-senior level managers associated with hospitals, nursing homes and health-care facilities
- Mid-to-senior level managers in the pharmaceutical industry
- Entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in this field
- Academicians and researchers in the area of health care management
- Students who are interested in a career in the health care business
- Anyone who is interested in acquiring expertise about the dynamics of health care market
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (AIM) is ranked amongst the top Business Schools in the country. Established in 1996, the institute has achieved a status of distinction by following the path envisioned by its founders. Their passion for supreme quality management education is evident in every endeavour undertaken at the institute. Asia-Pacific is proud of its faculty consisting of dedicated thought leaders, an infrastructure that can compete with the best and a curriculum that is upgraded regularly to keep in tune with industry needs. Concerted effort on the part of the management, the faculty and the staff enables Asia-Pacific to groom business leaders capable of contributing towards a global corporate order. A robust interface with Industry is ensured through guest lectures, industry visits and industry training opportunities. A mutually beneficial relationship is encouraged between the industry and the academia through a mutual exchange of practical and conceptual aspects of management knowledge.
Asia-Pacific Institute of Management is situated on Delhi–Mathura Road, near Apollo Hospital, Jasola (Opp. Sarita Vihar), New Delhi-110025.
ASIA-PACIFIC INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
3 & 4, Institutional Area, Jasola (Opp. Sarita Vihar), New Delhi-110025, India.
Tel. 011- 42094800
Fax 011- 26951541
Mobile: + 91-8826953825 (Dr. Nandan), + 91-9582156747 (Dr. Haque)