Ms. Piali Halder (Assistant Professor)
Email : email@example.com
PGDRM, IRMA, M.Phil. (Bus. Adm.), Annamalai University
Ms. Piali Haldar has over fifteen years of experience in industry and teaching. She has been teaching subjects like Rural Marketing, Strategic Marketing Management, Retail Management and Marketing Management at post-graduate level. During first half of her career she had worked with National Dairy Development Board, Anand, Bokaro Dairy, Bokaro and as a Management Consultant. Prior to joining AIM, she had been a marketing faculty at KIIT, Greater Noida Campus.
Research & Publication
She has been actively involved in research and publications.
Selected papers presented and published several papers in conferences:
1. Presented a paper and published (E-book) on “Study on How to Increase the Ridership of Delhi Airport Metro Express”, in an International Conference on “Management Practices & Research”, held 28-29 December 2011, at Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi.
2. Presented a paper and published (Book) on “Role of MFI in Sustainable Development of Indian Rural Sector” on a National Conference on “Management of Sustainable Development in India”, held 1-2 April, 2011, at New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi.
3. Presented paper on “It’s Never Too Late! – A Case Study on Micro Max Mobile” in INBUSH, 2011 – International Business Summit & Research Conference of Asia, held on 24 February, 2011, Amity University.
4. Presented a paper and published on “Managing Brands in Different Geo Demographic Segments” in a National Conference on “Marketing Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow”, held on 13-14 January, 2011, at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi.
5. Presented paper and published on “Capturing the Bottom of the Pyramid – Why, How and What?” in a National Conference on Marketing Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow”, held on 13-14 January, 2011 at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi.
6. Presented a paper on “Innovative Retailing Strategy adopted by Hindustan Unilever Limited for Creating Foothold in the Hinterland” in International Conference on “Strategy & Organization”, held on 14-15 May 2010, at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.
7. Presented a paper on “Increasing Importance of Organized Retailing in Rural Area” in a National Conference on “Rural Marketing”, held on 16-17 April 2010, at BLS Institute of Management, Ghaziabad.
8. Presented a paper on “Increasing Opportunities in Food Processing Sector in India”, a National Conference on “Marketing Opportunities & Challenges in the knowledge Economy”, held on 11-13 March 2010 sponsored by AICTE, at Sriuti Academy of Management, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
9. Presented a paper on “Innovative Retailing in Rural Markets” in BIT National Management Conclave 2010 on “Managerial Challenges of 21st Century in Corporate World”, held on 12-13 February 2012, at Birla Institute of Technology, Noida Campus.
10. Presented a paper on “Building Brand Equity in the Hinterland” in an International Conference on “Rural Retail and Revolution” held on 26-27 September, 2008 at Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur.
11. Presented a paper on “Emerging Eminence of rural retailing in India” in a National Conference on “Rural Marketing – Opportunities and Challenges” held on 9 January, 2010 at Guru Nanak institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
12. Presented a paper on “Strategic Brand Building Approach for Tapping Rural Market” in an International Conference on “Global Competition and Brand Promotion”, held on 15-16 September, 2008 at Institute of Public Enterprise, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad.
13. Presented a paper on “Study on Rural Consumer Behaviour to Toothpaste” in a National Seminar on “Structural Changes in Market Dynamics” held on 3-4 May 2008, at Rajdhani College of Engg. & Management, Bhudaneswar.
14. Presented and published a paper on “Rural Tourism – Challenges and Opportunities” in an International Conference “Marketing & Society”, held on 7-8 April 2007, at IIM Khozikode.
Consultancy & MDPs
1. “Need for Paradigm Shift to Improve Supply Chain Management of Fruits & Vegetables in India” in Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, July 2011, Vol. 1, Issue 1.
2. “Innovative Retailing Strategy adopted by Hindustan Unilever Limited for creating Foothold in Hinterland” in http://www.kgsepg.com/project-id/7929-innovative-retailing-strategy-adopted-hindistan-unilever-limited-creating-foothold-h
3. “Micromax- A Pathbreaker” on Marketing Master Mind, the IFCAI University Press, June 2011.
4. “Fabindia – A Silent Social Worker” on Marketing MasterMind, the IFCAI University Press, February 2011.
5. “Product Demonstration – Effective Tool of Communication Mix for Rural Appeal” on Advertising Express, the IFCAI University Press, February, 2010.
Achievement & Awards
1. A talk on “Entrepreneurial Aim of Tourism Students” in a National Convention on Agri-Tourism: The Way to Rural Development, “Innovative Income Generating Activity for Agripreneurs on invitation organized by ASSOCHAM, at Assocham House, New Delhi, on 18 March, 2010.
2. “Going Rural – A New Marketing Mantra” in a National Conference on Rural business Management “Imperatives for Sustainable Growth” organized by Tecnia Institute of Advance Studies, New Delhi, on 30 October, 2010.
Area of Interest
Research interest lies in Rural Marketing, Retailing and Strategic Marketing Management.