Rajat Gera (Associate Professor)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, IP University, Delhi(To submit Thesis), PGDRM (IRMA). B.TECH
December 2005 – July 2012: Institute of Management Technology, Rajnagar Ghaziabad-201001
30 hour Courses Taught-Product Management, International Product and Brand management (In Global MBA program in collaboration with Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA) , New Product Development, Marketing of Services, Marketing Management-I, Marketing Management-II, Strategic Brand Management to post Graduate program students of PGDM/PGDM-Exec, PGDM IB/IT/HR/FN, PGDM-PT.(Average student feedback 4.0-4.5 on a scale of 1-5 where 5 is excellent)
40 hr course Taught-Purchase Management: An SCM approach (, “““““““` 11th July -30th July, 2011.
Administrative Responsibilities: Program-In-Charge for PGDM-FT program; Program In Charge for PGDBM P/T Program January 2006-June 2007
June 2003 – November 2005, FORE School of Management, B 18, Qutab Institutional area, New Delhi 110016
30 hour courses Taught-Strategic Marketing Management, Marketing of Services, Marketing of Financial Services, Marketing Research, Marketing Management I, Marketing Management II, Customer Relationship management, Key Account Management, International Services Marketing and International Product management in International MBA Program in collaboration with Nottingham University, UK)
September 2002-May2003, Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
30 hour courses taught-Strategic Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Marketing of Insurance Services; Key Account Management; Strategic Brand management; Product Management; New Product Development in AICTE two years full time MBA program
(International Marketing, B2B Marketing, Customer Relationship management in Undergraduate BBA Program in collaboration with Bradford University, UK)
Marketing of Services, Product Management, Corporate Brand Management in Masters in Marketing, Post Graduate MBA Program in collaboration with Bradford University, UK)
August 2000 -September 2002, Birla Institute of Management Technology, Sector 4, Pushpa Vihar, N Delhi 110017
30 hour courses Taught -Strategic Marketing Management, Strategic Brand Management, Marketing Strategy, Sales and Distribution Management and Marketing Management to PGDBM Full Time and Part Time
Taught Marketing of Insurance Services to PGDIRM two year Full Time Post Graduate Program
Administrative responsibilities -Prof In Charge of Computer Lab and IT (2000-2002), Marketing Club and Placement for session 2001-2002. Responsible for website Design and hosting ie bimtechindia.org
August 1999 – July 2000, BDS Institute of Management, Jagriti Vihar, Meerut
30 hour courses taught -Marketing Management, Industrial Marketing, Marketing Research and Consumer Behaviour to PGDBM Full Time
Administrative Responsibilities: Prof In Charge of Placement 1999-2000
October 1998-July 1999, IMS Roorkee, Gurukul Kangri University Hardwar, GEIT Dehradun
30 hour courses Taught- Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Consumer Behaviour, Sales and Distribution Management, Strategic Management.
Mar 1995 – July 1999 Maxworth Orchards (India) Limited,
Office In Charge (Roorkee Hub Office)
Contributed to development of 1200 acres of Horticulture Project including civil construction, Electrification, Plantation works in and around Hardwar,Saharanpur and Dehradun districts of UP/Uttarakhand.
Responsible for Administration, Funds Management and Project Management
Mar 1993 – Feb 1995 S M Dyechem Ltd,Foods Division,Vidisha,MP
Management Trainee (Marketing)
Responsible for Sales and Marketing of VITAL brand of packaged edible oil in the Chattisgarh territory of MP consisting of 22 dealers
Contributed to increase of unit sales by 20% and introduction of 1 litre pouch
Contributed to HR policies for Sales
Sept 1992-Feb 1993 OILFED,(MP State Oilseeds Federation), Bhopal,MP
Assistant Manager (Procurement)
Responsible for procurement and processing of oilseeds through village level co operatives and cleaning and grading of oilseeds in seed processing plants for further processing into edible oil.
Research & Publication
1. Mittal, S. and Gera, R, (2013) “Evaluating a hierarchical model of customer perceived service quality for Retail Banking Services,” International Journal of Bank marketing, (Emerald publication, Communicated)
2. Gera, R, (2013), “A model of consumer choice criteria of bank selection for student education loans for higher education loans,” Journal of Financial Services Research, (Taylor and Francis publication, Communicated)
3. Mittal, S. and Gera, R, (2013) “Developing and testing a hierarchical model of customer perceived service quality for Life Insurance Services,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, Vol. 8, No. 5 (Sage Publication, Communicated).
4. Mittal, S. and Gera, R,(2013) “Relationship between Service Quality Dimensions and Behavioral Intentions: An SEM study of Public Sector Retail Banking
Customers in India,” Journal of Services Research, Vol. 12 No 2, pp: 148-172.
5. Mittal, S. and Gera, R, (2013) “Developing and testing a hierarchical model of customer perceived service quality for Retail Banking Services,” Journal of Business Administration, Spring 2013, Vol. 12 No. 1
6. Gera, R (2013), Evaluating the relationship of online service quality dimensions with satisfaction, value and behavioral outcomes, African Journal of Business Management, Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 754-761
7. Mittal, S., Gera, R. and Singhvi, S. R., (2012) “Study on Salespersons’ Task-related Performance Benefits Perceptions and Satisfaction with Sales Force Automation’, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation , Vol. 8, No. 4, pp: 429–440. (Sage Publications)
8. Determining teacher evaluations of e-Learning perceived benefits in Indian Schools, International Journal of Technology Enhanced learning, (Inderscience Publications, Communicated)
9. Singhvi S R and Gera R, (2013)‘Wrigley India Pvt. Limited: Leveraging Trade Promotions for Competitive Advantage’, Asian Case Research Journal, (Communicated)
10. Singhvi S R and Gera R, (2013) ‘Wrigley India Pvt. Limited: Leveraging Trade Promotions for Competitive Advantage, Teaching Note ’, Asian Case Research Journal, (Communicated)
11. Gera, R, (2012), “Quatrro BPO Solutions: Developing Outsourcing Solutions Innovatively”, Innovation in India: The Future of off shoring,edited by Suseela Yesudian, pp: 30-48,Palgrave Macmillan.
12. Gera, R and Sebastian, V J, (2012), Linking perceived service quality dimensions, customer satisfaction and perceived value with behavioral intentions in Indian retail banking,” International Journal of Indian culture and business management, Vol. V, No 6, pp: 667-695
13. Gera, R (2012), “Bridging the gap in Knowledge transfer between academia and practitioners’, International Journal of Educational Management, Volume 26 No. 3, pp: 252-273.
14. Gera, R (2012), “Modelling Consumer Evaluations of e-Learning Solutions Benefits” Singapore Management Review, Vol. 34 No 1, pp: 39
15. Gera, R and Singhvi, S. R. (2011), ‘An empirical test of the linkages of e-service quality with e satisfaction and perceived value with e-loyalty-related behavioral intentions in India, International Journal of Services Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp: 191-210
16. Gera, R (2011), “Effects of online Service quality dimensions on satisfaction, value and behavioral outcomes,” International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Vol. 4, No 12, :pp: 123–140
17. Gera, R and Singhvi, S. R. (2011), “Determinants of e-loyalty-related behavioral intentions of online travel companies in India: an SEM study with Indian consumers”, International Journal of Leisure and Tourism Marketing, Vol. 2, No.4 pp. 353 – 377.
18. Gera, R and Chaklader, B. (2011), “Integrating Target Costing with Supply Chain Management : A Strategic Perspective,” The Management Accountant, September, pp: 763-765
19. Gera, R. (2011) “Modelling e-service quality and its consequences in India: an SEM approach”, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, Vol. 5, No. 2/3, pp: 203 – 225.
20. Gera, R, (2011), Modelling the Antecedents of Behavioral Outcomes in Indian Life Insurance Services: An SEM Approach, “International Journal of Business Innovation and Research” Vol V, No V, pp. 526-545
21. Rajat Gera, (2011) “Modelling the service antecedents of favourable and unfavourable behaviour intentions in life insurance services in India: An SEM study”, International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, Vol. 3 No 2, pp.225 – 242
22. Gera, R,(2011) ”A path analysis study of relationship of perceived service quality, customer satisfaction and perceived value with behavioural intentions in Indian Retail Banking services”, International Journal of Financial services Management, Vol V, No 1, pp 83-105.
23. Gera, R, (2011) ”Investigating the link between service quality, value, satisfaction and behavioural intentions in public sector bank in India”, International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp 3-20.
24. Singhvi S R and Gera R, (2010); Snacko India Limited: leveraging Trade Promotions for Competitive advantage, HBSP Product No 910A24.
25. Singhvi S R and Gera R, (2010); Snacko India Limited: leveraging Trade Promotions for Competitive advantage, Teaching Note, HBSP Product No 810A24.
26. Gera R, (2010) “Quatrro BPO solutions private Limited: Outsourcing Innovatively”, Case selected for publication by Aditya Birla centre for case studies, London Business School, Case Initiative, 2009, Palgrave Publications, Chapter 3, pp: 30-48.
27. Gera R, (2010), Lux Toilet Soap: Advertising And Promotion Strategy For Enhancing Market Share, Advertising Express, July, 2010
28. Barnalli C and Gera R, (2010), “ Creating Competitive Advantage with Life Cycle costing,” The Management Accountant, January, 2010, Vol 45, No 1.
29. Gera,R (2008) Air Deccan, Challenges of Profitability, A Case, ICFAI Journal of Services Marketing, September-2008
30. Gera, R (2005) Diagnosis of Case “Ahmedabad Management Association,” Vikalpa, Jan-Mar 2005.
31. Singhvi,S R and Gera R (2005), “Problem Formulation and Perception: An empirical study of Marketing problems in and Organization,” Management and Labour Studies, May 2005.
32. Gera, R (2004) Diagnosis of Case “Sarvodaya Samiti”, Vikalpa, Oct-Dec 2004.
Consultancy & MDPs
1.Co-ordinator for MDP on Strategic Marketing and Management of services, July 8-9, 2008
2.Conducted courses and sessions with participants from Defence services, NIIT-Imperia, ONGC, NTPC, BHEL, Canara Bank.
Conducted consumer satisfaction survey for MTNL, Delhi, 2009
Achievement & Awards
Gera R, (2010) “Quatrro BPO solutions private Limited: Outsourcing Innovatively”, One of the top ten cases selected for publication by Aditya Birla centre for case studies, London Business School, Case Initiative, 2009.
Area of Interest
Services marketing, Strategic marketing, Product management